Ubuntu 20.04.1, the first point release for the LTS, was released. ISO images and upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 are available.
This point release DO NOT contain updated Kernel and X stack. It contains various bug fixes to installation, upgrade, desktop, server and cloud, and Kernel and hardware support updates. See change summary.
Download / Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04.1:
The desktop and sever ISO images are available for download at the link below:
For Ubuntu 20.04, simply install regular updates via Software Updater will bring you to Ubuntu 20.04.1.
For Ubuntu 18.04, if you want to upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04, do:
- Keep your system up-to-date by installing all system updates via Software Updater.
- Restart your computer after installing updates if Software Updater asks.
- Launch Software & Updates, select Download from “Main sever”.
- Still in Software & Updates, under Updates, choose Notify me of a new Ubuntu version “For any new version”.
- Finally launch Software Updater. It will prompt that Ubuntu 20.04 available to upgrade.
Leave a Reply