Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.14 was released one day ago as the latest maintenance release for the turn-based strategy game.
In the new release, translations for add-on titles and descriptions now are used in Add-on client when available, and provided via Add-on server at upload time in the .pbl.
Other changes in Wesnoth 1.14.14 include:
- Translation updates.
- 5p – The Wilderlands: Player 5’s units are sorted when cycling through them with the »n« key.
- Fixed disabled buttons using the pressed highlight color.
- Made wmllint recognize [remove_time_area] in order to avoid spurious warnings about unit ids.
- Files created by the scenario editor include a boilerplate warning about hand-editing them.
How to Install Wesnoth 1.14.14 in Ubuntu:
The latest Wesnoth package is available as Flatpak package for Ubuntu 18.04 and higher, and most other Linux desktops.
1.) If you’re first time installing a Flatpak package in Ubuntu, setup your system by running commands in terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T):
- Install flatpak framework via command:
sudo apt install flatpak
- Add Flathub repository via command:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
2.) Then you can install Battle for Wesnoth flatpak package by running command:
flatpak install flathub org.wesnoth.Wesnoth
To update the package, simply run
flatpak update org.wesnoth.Wesnoth command.
To remove the flatpak package, simply run command in terminal:
flatpak uninstall org.wesnoth.Wesnoth
Hi, I installed it exactly as you mentionned and it works like a charm, great, except that I can’t get no sound to work, when I turn on music or sounds in “preferences” it’s turned off as soon as I closes the preferences menu : do I need to install something else ? is it a known issue with the ubuntu version ?