Mozilla Firefox 92.0 was released today with new features and various security fixes.
The release will use HTTPS resource record (HTTPS RR) as Alt-Svc headers to make connections more secure.
The full-range color (0-255) levels are now supported for video playback. Though the limited color range (16-235) is ideal for movies and TV, the source can be switched to full-range color to match PC monitor.
For Mac, users can now access the macOS share options from the Firefox File menu. And it enables support for images containing ICC v4 profiles.
Other changes include:
- Firefox performance with screen readers and other accessibility tools is no longer severely degraded if Mozilla Thunderbird is installed or updated after Firefox.
- macOS VoiceOver now correctly reports buttons and links marked as ‘expanded’ using the aria-expanded attribute.
- An open alert in a tab no longer causes performance issues in other tabs using the same process.
- The bookmark toolbar menus on macOS now follow Firefox visual styles.
- Certificate error pages have been redesigned for a better user experience.
How to Install Firefox 92:
Usually, Ubuntu will publish the new Firefox package in next few days. The best choice is just wait!
You’ll see the packages in Software Updater once published:
Or see the release note & download the Linux portable package from this page.
Leave a Reply