LibreOffice 4.1 has been officially released. It’s available for Ubuntu 13.04 Raring and 12.04 Precise users from the main LibreOffice PPA repository.
LibreOffice 4.1 features a large number of improvements in the area of document compatibility, which increases the opportunities of sharing knowledge with users of proprietary software while retaining the original layout and contents.
- Rotate images in Writer in 90 degree increments
- Writer, Calc and Impress now allow embedding fonts in their documents.
- It is now easy to include a series of photos in Impress with the “Photo Album” feature.
- Add a Stepped Lines line type to Line and XY (Scatter) graphs
- Especially for migrations, LibreOffice adds a number of significant improvements of interoperability with MS Office formats.
- A very large number of bugs have been fixed
Install LibreOffice 4.1
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below commands to add the LibreOffice Main repository.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-1
After that, update your package lists and install the office suit. To do so, run below command:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Now you can start LibreOffice 4.1 from the Unity Dash. Enjoy!