Tomahawk is a social music player which allows to connect with your jabber / gtalk / twitter friends and share collections and playlists.
Tomahawk in Ubuntu Software Center is version 0.6 while the latest has reached 0.7. Here’s the changelog:
- Fixed playback-loop caused by duplicate tracks in a playlist.
- Improved peer handling and removed connection support through Twitter.
- Taking an account offline now also disconnects associated peers.
- Improved Spotify protocol handling.
- Added “Append to Playlist” context menu item.
- User-friendlier collection handling: added info-buttons for artists and albums. Double-clicking an item expands it now.
- Charts only load on-demand now.
- Fixed Diagnostics information not correctly updating.
- Fixed issue with hidden sidebar and panels.
- Fixed issues with some color schemes.
- Fixed playing files with special characters in the filename.
- Improved stability.
- Added translations for Catalan, Czech, Galician, Greek, Italian and Chinese.
- (Windows) Smoother and more responsive audio playback.
- (Linux) Fixed grid issues with GTK-styles.
Install Tomahawk via PPA:
The Tomahawk PPA always contains the latest release for Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Elementary OS users. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open temrinal. When it opens, run below command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:tomahawk/ppa; sudo apt-get update
After that, you can use Ubuntu Software Center, Synaptic package manager or other package manager to install this player. Or run below command in terminal:
sudo apt-get install tomahawk tomahawk-dbg