Kid3 Audio Tag Editor has reached v3.0 with new features and improvements. It adds command-line interface kid3-cli and supports GStreamer 1.0.
If you want to easily tag multiple MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, MPC, MP4/AAC, MP2, Opus, Speex, TrueAudio, WavPack and WMA files (e.g. full albums) without typing the same information again and again and have control over both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, then Kid3 is the program you are looking for.
With Kid3 you can:
- Edit ID3v1.1 tags
- Edit all ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 frames
- Convert between ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags
- Edit tags in MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, MPC, MP4/AAC, MP2, Speex, TrueAudio, WavPack, WMA, AIFF and WAV files
- Edit tags of multiple files, e.g. the artist, album, year and genre of all files of an album typically have the same values and can be set together.
- Generate tags from filenames
- Generate tags from the contents of tag fields
- Generate filenames from tags
- Rename and create directories from tags
- Generate playlist files
- Automatically convert upper and lower case and replace strings
- Import from freedb2.org, MusicBrainz, Discogs, Amazon and other sources of album data
- Export tags as CSV, HTML, playlists, Kover XML and in other formats
What’s New in Kid3 3.0:
- Command-line interface kid3-cli.
- Use common shared libraries for KDE, Qt-only and CLI versions.
- Plugins for metadata libraries and importers.
- Support Opus files with TagLib 1.9.
- Support GStreamer 1.0.
- Support libavresample 0.0.3.
- Editing without leaving the keyboard.
- When saving a file fails, tell user if it is not writable.
- Escape metacharacters in HTML export.
- Updated Czech translation.
- Updated Finnish translation.
- Cleaned up configuration option sections.
- Crash when saving non-FLAC file with flac extension.
- Support minimum Mac OS X version 10.5.
- Load Qt libraries only from bundle on Mac OS X.
DEBs for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 13.10 and installer for MAC OS, Windows are available in Kid3 homepage