Audacious 3.4.2 has been released with annoying bugs fixed. This tutorial shows how to install it via PPA in Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal, Linux Mint and Elementary OS.
Audacious fixed following bugs:
- Opening an Internet channel takes too long at the first time
- SDL error: Failed to open audio stream: XAudio2: XAudio2Create() failed at open..
- incorrect playtime length
- NULL pointer segfault due to vfs async race
- some opus file won’t play
- Time label shows wrong time if slider is dragged beyond its upper limit
To get started installing Audacious 3.4.2, press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run command below to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
Then you can install it from Ubuntu Software Center after checking for updates. Or run commands below instead:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install -y audacious audacious-plugins