PokerTH is a poker game written in C++/QT4. You can play the popular “Texas Hold’em” poker variant against up to 9 computer-opponents or play network and internet games with people all over the world. This poker engine is available for Android, Linux, Windows, and MacOSX.
The latest PokerHT 1.1 has been released recently with following changes.
- New web-based spectator mode on http://www.pokerth.net/live
- New option to allow/disallow spectators when creating a game
- Show list of spectators in the lobby and on the game table
- Support for WebSocket connections was integrated in the server
- Show server ping (“application layer ping”) in the client
- Added option to disable emoticons in the chat
- Avatars are no longer displayed for players which are on the ignore list
- New option to “unignore” a player in the context menu
- BUGFIX: context menu in connected player list was fixed
- BUGFIX: “display idle players” in the lobby was fixed
- BUGFIX: No longer beep if ignored player uses nickname in chat
- translation updates
Install PokerHT via PPA:
This release has been made into Ubuntu 14.04 universe repository, so Trusty users can just install it from Ubuntu Software Center.
For Ubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.04, press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run commands below one by one to install from PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pkg-games/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pokerth
Once installed, open the game from Unity Dash or Menu and enjoy!