Want to display weather forecast on your Ubuntu desktop? Well, there is an open-source and highly customizable desktop weather widget called Gis Weather.
Gis Weather is a new project, about half a year old, that displays up to 12-day weather forecast on your Linux desktop. So far, supported weather services include gismeteo and weather.com. It has been translated to Spanish, French, Romanian, and Latvian.
Gis Weather has few dependencies: python3-gi, python3-gi-cairo, and gir1.2-gtk-3.0. It works on Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 13.10 and other derivatives.
- View weather for several days – 3 to 12
- Detailed weather forecast for today and tomorrow
- Fast switching between cities
- Select the background and theme weather icons
- “Compass” with the wind direction, with adjustable angle of rotation
- Highlighting the high wind
Install Gis Weather in Ubuntu:
Just download and install the latest “gis-weather_x.x.x_all.deb” file from the link below:
Once installed, open it from Unity Dash or Menu and set up your location as it prompted.