The packages has been made into 4.3 series PPA – available for Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 12.04 – which will provide future minor release updates (4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3 …).
What’s New in LibreOffice:
- Better OOXML interoperability, and support of legacy Mac file formats
- Better comment management, and highly intuitive spreadsheet handling
- 3D models in Impress, and support for “monster” paragraphs
- LibreOffice 4.3 also support “monster” paragraphs exceeding 65,000 characters
- See the release note for details
Upgrade to LibreOffice 4.3 in Ubuntu:
1. Add the 4.3 series PPA, available for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and their derivatives.
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, paste the command below and hit enter to run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-3
2. Open Software & Updater from Unity dash. After checking for updates, you’ll see the latest LibreOffice packages available in the update list. Click the Install Now to install updates.
You can also run the commands below to do the upgrade process:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade
That’s it. Enjoy!