Mozilla Firefox has reached version 33.0. It has been made into main repositories for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04, and derivatives.
See what’s new in the Firefox 33:
- OpenH264 support (sandboxed)
- Improved search experience through the location bar
- Search suggestions on the Firefox Start (about:home) and new tab (about:newtab) pages
- Windows: OMTC enabled by default
- New CSP (Content Security Policy) backend
- Support for connecting to HTTP proxy over HTTPS
- Improved reliability of the session restoration
- Azerbaijani [az] locale added
- Proprietary window.crypto properties/functions removed
- @counter-style rule from CSS3 Counter Styles specification implemented
- DOMMatrix interface implemented
- Cubic-bezier curves editor
- Display which elements have listeners attached
- New sidebar which displays a list of shortcuts to every @media rule in the current stylesheet
- Paint flashing for browser content repaints
- Editable @keyframes rules in the Rules section of the Inspector
- CSS transform highlighter in the style-inspector
- Fix incomplete downloads being marked as complete by detecting broken HTTP1.1 transfers (237623)
- Various security fixes
How to Upgrade Firefox:
Just run regular updates via Software Updater will bring you to the latest Firefox 33. You can choose only upgrade Firefox from the utility if you don’t want to upgrade all your system.
If you don’t see Firefox in the update list, change the download server to Main Server from Software & Updates or Software Sources utility.