The development version of Wine has reached the 1.7.34 release. Now it supports surround sound with DirectSound.
Besides that, Wine 1.7.34 brings:
- Better text run support in DirectWrite.
- Many HTML engine fixes.
- More support for WBEM objects.
- A few more C/C++ runtime functions.
And there are totally 63 bug fixes in this release:
- avifil32 limits itself to max of 1024 frames when writing avis
- Star Trek Klingon Academy 1.02: Ship textures are partly invisible
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 tools stop working in maximised images
- DPP (Digital Photo Professional): Instruments window returns to its starting position (in the center) automatically when the image windows is selected
- X-Lite don`t work with ALSA driver correctly
- .NET 2.0 SP2 installer fails (RegSvcs.exe bootstrapper expects updated assemblies while GAC update is deferred during install)
- KP500-Utils-EN.exe fails silently to extract .kdz files
- Warcraft 3: missing mouse cursor
- ICQ 7 installer error message
- Avant Browser needs HTMLElement_get_isTextEdit
- Unhandled privileged instruction when starting Minitab 16 (Sentinel HASP hardlock.sys kernel driver tries to write to CR4/not handled in ntoskrnl emulate_instruction)
- pyjamas desktop (python26 + python-comtypes MSHTML.DLL from IE8) fails due to unsupported ReadTypeLib header
- Total Overdose: choppy audio playback with Diesel Power 3D sound system
- Multiple 64-bit applications crash on startup (GetLocaleInfo() returns improper TCHAR count for LOCALE_IFIRSTDAYOFWEEK) (PowerGrep v4.x, RegexBuddy 4.x)
- Compiling Ultracopier 0.4.0.3 inside Qt 5.0.1 results in errors from compiler
- Trying to download flash from iexplore crashes in jscript
- winmm/mci tests hang on PC-BSD
- SWGEmu crashes everytime it tries to load
- Artemis 2.0 crashes when loading the splash screen
- Wine64 does not work on FreeBSD
- Call of Duty: Ghosts needs psapi/kernel32 K32EnumProcessModulesEx
- Multiple applications/installers fails due to SWbemLocator::ConnectServer being a stub (PSPad 4.5.7, Nitro PDF Professional 6.2.x, eTax 2008, GOG.com games)
- Atom Zombie Smasher, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War GOTY (Winter Assault) on Steam doesn’t start with Wine Mono 4.5.2
- Loud audio distortion using wine 1.7.6 and up.
- Macromedia Freehand 9 demo: invalid path for file association default icon causes stack overflow in winemenubuilder
- BOINC 5.8.16: uninstall fails
- Multiple applications/installers fail due to WinMGMTS_ParseDisplayName stub (PaintRibbon 1.x, MicroStation V8i)
- dplayx interactive tests crash
- Stronghold Kingdoms crashes due to ID3DXFont PreloadCharacters being a stub.
- WHO Anthro software doesn’t work with Mono 4.5.2 (unimplemented System.Configuration.SettingValueElement.Unmerge)
- dsound resampler causing clicks in StarCraft when resampling to 48000
- Microsoft Office 2013 (15.0) and OneNote web installer crashes on unimplemented function IPHLPAPI.DLL.CreateSortedAddressPairs
- PlayOn 3.9.13 settings tool fails to detect system memory size (needs ‘Win32_OperatingSystem’ WMI class ‘TotalVisibleMemorySize’ property)
- vSphere 5.5 client ‘hcmon.sys’ driver crashes on unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.IoCsqInitialize
- Hero Lab 5.x fails to retrieve updates
- Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.3.5 ‘FairplayKD.sys’ driver crashes on unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeSetSystemAffinityThread
- Multiple games need X3DAudio1_7.dll (BeamNG v0.3 Tech Demo, Doom 3 BFG Edition)
- WinHttpReceiveRequest goes into infinite blocking on 304 responses
- WSAStringToAddress(“2001::1″, AF_INET, …) appears to succeed.
- MaxQuant 1.4/1.5 (.NET 4.5 app) needs named entry point ‘Shell32.dll.SHILCreateFromPath’ in ‘Windows Vista’ mode
- winefile command line does not support paths with spaces
- YouTube Downloader crashes
- Skype crashes trying to chat with anyone
- Endless Space crashes on startup
- Free YouTube to MP3 Converter 3.12 installer crashes on unimplemented function msvcr120.dll._wcsset_s
- Propellerhead Reason 8 needs COMCTL32.dll.381 LoadIconWithScaleDown()
- Propellerhead Reason 8 needs mfplat.dll.MFStartup
- Personal Ancestral File 5 crashes when a new line is added in ‘Notes’ panel
- Elevated demo silently exits
- Saya no Uta: sound is all over the place after update
- Propellerhead Reason 8 installer complains “interface not supported” during install
- Airport Tycoon 2 demo fails to load with built-in msvcp70
- Windows 8.1 Media Creation Tool: crashes due to unimplemented function VERSION.dll.GetFileVersionInfoSizeExW
- N1MM PLUS Logger 1.0 (.NET 4.0 app) crashes on launch (failure to parse registration-free COM/ActiveX info from app manifest)
- Cannot install Olympus Viewer 3
- Bus Simulator 2012 crashes on startup
- Autocad2006 crashes on unimplemented function msvcp70.dll.??0?$basic_ifstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@PBDH@Z
- SteuerSparErklärung 2015: crashes when starting a new tax case
- Unable to license IAR Embedded Workbench Kickstart Edition 6.x/7.x (License Manager needs ‘Win32_ComputerSystemProduct’ WMI class)
- PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 Web installer crashes (‘Win32_LogicalDisk’ WMI class needs to provide ‘VolumeName’ property)
- For loop %~$PATH:I feature works incorrect – PATH variable size limited by MAX_PATH
Install or Upgrade Wine 1.7 in Ubuntu:
The latest release will be made into the official PPA soon, available for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 15.04.
To add the PPA and install Wine 1.7, press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal and run below commands one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine1.7
If you’ve already added the PPA repository and have an old 1.7 release installed, just run regular updates via Software Updater to keep it up-to-date.