Haguichi, LogMeIn Hamachi GUI for Linux desktop, has reached 1.3.0 release which is ported to GTK+ 3.x and Vala.
Haguichi 1.3.0 is a big release that brings a completely revamped user interface. Now it’s based on GTK+ >= 3.14 and fully ported from Mono to Vala. It also features:
- New GTK headerbar (client side decorations). A classic titlebar is used on Unity, MATE, Cinnamon, etc.
- Flexible Layout, the user interface now adapt dynamically to the window size
- Haguichi now looks crispy as hell on HiPDI displays.
- added a sidebar shows details and actions for the selected network or member.
- New logo icon.
- Added short text to empty network list on how to add a network.
- Added symbolic application and panel icons for adwaita-icon-theme.
- Commands that don’t actually exist are not shown as member action anymore.
- Unicode characters are now used for ellipsis and quotation marks.
- Changed autostart .desktop file installation path back to /usr/etc/xdg/autostart.
- Dropped support for Hamachi version 18.104.22.168 and older.
- Removed deprecated status icon.
- updated translations.
How to Install Haguichi 1.3.0 in Ubuntu:
Thanks to Webupd8 Team, the new release has been made into PPA for Ubuntu 15.10 and Ubuntu 15.04. Also an old version available for Ubuntu 14.04/12.04.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal from the Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut key. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/haguichi
2. After that, update system cache and install the LogMeIn Hamachi GUI via Synaptic Package Manager or by running below commands one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install haguichi haguichi-indicator
How to Install Haguichi 1.3.0 in Elementary OS Freya:
It’s able to install the new release in Freya since it comes with GTK+ 3.14 out-of-the-box.
1. Depends on your OS type, 32-bit (i386) or 64-bit (amd64), select download:
from the PPA packages page.
2. Also download the indicator “haguichi-indicator_0.3.0~ubuntu15.04.1_amd64/i386.deb” from this page.
Finally install both packages via dpkg command or just click to open with Software Center and click install button.
Tip: not installed Hamachi yet? Click the “Learn More” link at the official download page and grab the .deb package from the expanded page.