Corebird, native GTK+ twitter client, got an update 15 hours ago with compilation and crash fixes. PPA has been updated for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and derivatives.
Corebird 1.4.2 is a small bug-fix release to the 1.4 series, here’s the changelog:
- Fix a crash when going back from a tweet with media to another tweet with media
- Fix compilation with –disable-video
- Decrease log level of UserStream output to debug when no internet connection is present
How to Install Corebird 1.4.2 in Ubuntu:
I’ve made the new release into PPA (unofficial) available for Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 16.10.
1. Run the following command in terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/corebird
2. Then upgrade it via Software Updater if you have a previous release installed.
Or run the commands to install / upgrade the app:
sudo apt update sudo apt install corebird
For those who don’t want to add PPA, grab the DEB package from the PPA page.
In addition, for those using the GetDeb repository Corebird is also available here.