ScreenCloud is an open-source screenshot sharing application consists of a cross-platform client and a sharing website.
With plugins, the app also supports uploading to other online services, e.g., FTP server, Imgur, and Dropbox.
- Open Source and cross-platform(Windows, Mac & Linux)
- Fast and easy: Snap a photo, paste the link, done!
- Plugin support, save to Dropbox, Imgur, etc.
- Built in screenshot editor.
How to Install ScreenCloud Client in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives, open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T and do following steps to install the ScreenCloud client.
1. Run command to add the repository:
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/olav-st/xUbuntu_16.04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/screencloud.list"
Change xUbuntu_16.04 in the code to xUbuntu_14.04, xUbuntu_17.04, etc depends on your system edition.
2. Download and install the repository key:
wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:olav-st/xUbuntu_16.04/Release.key && sudo apt-key add Release.key
Also change xUbuntu_16.04 in the code to which matches you os edition.
3. Finally install screencloud via either Synaptic Package Manager or commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install screencloud
Once installed, launch the software from Unity Dash, Gnome launcher or other app launcher, setup your account and plugins and enjoy!
To remove the Screencloud repository, go to Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.
To remove the screenshot sharing software, either use Synaptic Package Manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove screencloud