VidCutter, the simplest & fastest video cutting and joining application, has reached the 5.0 release with great new features and other changes.
VidCutter 5.0 release highlights:
- New ‘SmartCut’ feature introduced for frame accurate cuts.
- New progress bars on clips in timeline
- New “View keyframes” button option available under Video Info
- New app icon
- Improvements to stream mapping, and standard quick cutting.
- countless more improvements and fixes, see here.
How to Install VidCutter 5.0 in Ubuntu:
The developer’s PPA contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ozmartian/apps
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. Then update and install the app via commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vidcutter
To remove the software, run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove vidcutter
And remove the PPA via Software & Updates utility under ‘Other Software’ tab.