MicroSoft Visual Studio Code IDE has reached the 1.19 release. The new release focuses on GitHub issue clean-up, product performance. And 4400 issues have been triaged or fixed in the release.
Visual Studio Code 1.19 release highlights:
- Faster startup and other performance improvements.
- New VS Code diagnostics, logging, and extension monitoring.
- IntelliSense remembers your previous suggestion choices.
- Tabbed headers can scale to fit the available space.
- Git source control provider can display image changes side by side.
- Easily view terminal output in a VS Code editor.
- Learn how to debug Next.js, Meteor projects and applications using the nodemon utility.
How to Install VS Code 1.19 in Ubuntu:
The official .deb package for Debian/Ubuntu is available for download at the link below:
Then install it via either Gdebi package manager or command (Ctrl+Alt+T):
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/code_*.deb; sudo apt -f install
For those who want to receive updates for VS Code via Software Updater utility, add the Microsoft repository via following steps (64bit only):
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list'
2. Download and install the repository key via commands:
curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | gpg --dearmor > microsoft.gpg sudo mv microsoft.gpg /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/microsoft.gpg
Uninstall Visual Studio Code:
To remove the code editor, either use Synaptic Package Manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove code
And remove the Microsoft repository by launching Software & Updates utility and navigating to Other Software tab.