Pragha music player 1.3.4 was released few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 18.10.
While Pragha 1.4 is being close to the final release, Pragha 1.3.4 was released a few days ago as a new maintenance that features:
- Fixes some border, spacing and margin in all gui.
- Various improvements to the tag editor dialog.
- Implement emit CanNext/Prev/Play/Pause/Seek.
- Use Alt+Return shortcut to edit the selected song.
- Some backport of improvents to MTP plugin
- Set user-agent and ssl strict ssl to gstreamer on internet music.
- Fix second sidebar dont show with accel.
- Allow apply a custom css. Related to Issue
- Allows to customize the styles to the distro packagers.
How to install Pragha 1.3.4 in Ubuntu:
There’s an unofficial PPA that contains the latest Pragha packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 18.10, and Linux Mint 18.x/19.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/pragha
Type user password (no asterisk feedback due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then install the music player either via Synaptic Package Manager or by running commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pragha
To remove the music player, either use Synaptic Package Manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove pragha
And you can remove the PPA via Software & Updates utility under ‘Other Software’ tab.