Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) 1.12.4 was released a day ago. The new release brings smaller bug and security fixes.
Changes in Liferea 1.12.4 include:
- Add installable plugin to change accels
- Fix segfault on date out of range
- Fix Free Music Archive link in default OPMLs
- Switch from persistent to session-only cookies
- Fix unread count of vfolder
- Add etra keywords in .desktop file (syndication; rss; atom)
- Fix updating counters for remote sources
- Updated cookie usage hint in FAQ
How to Install Liferea 1.12.4 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Linux Mint 19, 18.x, the new release is available in a third-party PPA repository.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Type your password (no asterisks feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade Liferea via Software Updater utility:
or run commands one by one to install the Linux feed reader:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install liferea
Finally launch the news reader from your application launcher and enjoy! (Log out and log back if you don’t see the icon).
As the PPA also contains many other software packages, you may remove it by launching Software & Updates and navigating to Other Software tab.
If you want to remove the news reader software, either use your system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove liferea