WPS office for Linux 2019 was released with numerous new features and performance improvements. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04.
WPS Office is developed by Zhuhai-based Chinese software developer Kingsoft. The office suite is made up of WPS Writer, WPS Presentation, and WPS Spreadsheet. The latest 2019 release features:
- New skin style, icons, control points, Supports high resolution screen and custom appearance.
- New pages, integration of recently opened documents, local templates, document templates, online templates, etc.
- Document area supports preview effect when setting font size.
- New built-in browser.
- Support Home Page, Collection Document Search, Common Location, Cloud Documents, etc.
- Support personal center, displaying account details and modifying account information.
- Support for inserting SVG format pictures.
- Support insertion of QR Code and bar code.
- Support multi-window, multi-label free splitting and combination, and free management of labels.
- Support setting areas for dates/times in charts.
- Support Uygur typesetting.
- Optimize skin and appearance settings to support custom appearance.
- And many other new features and bug-fixes.
Download / Install WPS 2019 in Ubuntu:
Go to official WPS Linux download page, scroll down and select download
amd64.deb for 64-bit OS, or
i386.deb for 32-bit OS.
Then open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and install the package via command:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/wps-office*.deb
To remove the office suite, run command in terminal:
sudo apt remove --auto-remove wps-office