Yorba has announced the 0.6.0 release of its Geary IMAP mail client recently. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy.
Changes in Geary 0.6.0:
- Basic search scope operators, such as from:john
- An oft-requested “save sent mail” option for non-Gmail users
- Separate actions for archive, trash, and delete
- Much improved server support — if you found Geary unusable in the past on a Dovecot or other non-”cloud service” server, I’d urge you to give it another go
- Many stability, speed, and interface improvements and bugfixes
Install Geary 0.6.0:
For Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy, press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run the commands below one by one and it will install Geary from Yorba’s Stable PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install geary
For other Ubuntu releases, you may build it from the source code: geary-0.6.0.tar.xz