Flair Weather is a nice clean conky widget for Linux that shows time, date, and weather information on your desktop.
The conky theme contains both white and black version:
Thanks to speedracker, Kelly Kretchek, and zagortenay333, you can install this theme on your desktop by below steps.
1. Install curl and Conky Manager, a graphical tool to manage conky themes.
Open terminal from the Dash or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run commands below one by one to install it from PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install conky-manager curl
If you don’t want to add PPA, grab the .deb installer directly from the launchpad page.
2. Download Flair Weather Conky from the right pane of deviantart.com.
3. Open the downloaded package via Archive Manager and extract it to your user Home folder, so you’ll see the result folder Flair_Weather under user’s Home -> .conky (press Ctrl+H to see hidden folders).
4. Start/restart Conky Manager. You should be able to start Flair Weather White or Black theme from the list.
5. Now let’s setup your weather location. Since the theme uses Yahoo! Weather, go to weather.yahoo.com, search your city (and select from drop-down prompts), finally write down the id in the url.
6. Set the weather location for your city by doing below steps:
- In conky manager, highlight the Flair Weather widget.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the theme file in text editor.
- Replace the location id.
Finally configure the widget size, location, transparency, time format, auto-start, etc in the widget settings and app preferences window.
All done. Enjoy!