i2pd (I2P Daemon) is a full-featured C++ implementation of I2P client.
I2P (Invisible Internet Protocol) is a universal anonymous network layer. All communications over I2P are anonymous and end-to-end encrypted, participants don’t reveal their real IP addresses.
I2P client is a software used for building and using anonymous I2P networks. Such networks are commonly used for anonymous peer-to-peer applications (filesharing, cryptocurrencies) and anonymous client-server applications (websites, instant messengers, chat-servers).
I2P allows people from all around the world to communicate and share information without restrictions.
- Distributed anonymous networking framework
- End-to-end encrypted communications
- Small footprint, simple dependencies, fast performance
- Rich set of APIs for developers of secure applications
So far the latest version is ip2d 2.12 with following changes:
- Additional HTTP and SOCKS proxy tunnels
- Reseed from ZIP archive
- ‘X’ bandwidth code
- OpenSSL 1.1 for Android and Mac OS X
- Some stats in a main window for Windows version
- Fixed clock skew for Windows XP
- New logo for Android
- Reduced memory and file descriptors usage
How to Install i2pd via PPA in Ubuntu / Linux Mint:
The project offers DEB binaries for download in its release page.
For those who want to keep it up-to-date, install i2pd using the PPA repository via following steps:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:purplei2p/i2pd
Type in password (no visual feedback) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. Then update package caches and install i2pd:
sudo apt update sudo apt install i2pd
When a new release is out, simply launch Software Updater and upgrade it along with other system updates.
You can remove the PPA anytime using Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab, and i2pd can be removed via command:
sudo apt remove i2pd && sudo apt autoremove
For router setup, tunnel configuration and other documentations, go to the wiki page.