Darktable, open source photography workflow app and RAW developer, released version 2.6.3 today with new features, bug-fixes, and many new cameras support.
New features in Darktable 2.6.3:
- April 1st game is now disabled by default
- Add preference to disable/enable April 1st game
- Print module default margin set 17mm
- Add support for disabling base-curve and sharpen by default
The new release also add base support for following new devices:
- Epson R-D1s, R-D1x
- Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR
- Fujifilm X-T30 (compressed), XF10
- Kodak EasyShare Z981, Z990
- Leica C (Typ 112) (4:3), CL (dng), Q (Typ 116) (dng), Q2 (dng), SL (Typ 601) (dng), V-LUX (Typ 114) (3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1)
- Olympus E-M1X, TG-6
- Panasonic DC-G90 (4:3), DC-G91 (4:3), DC-G95 (4:3), DC-G99 (4:3), DC-ZS200 (3:2), DMC-TX1 (3:2)
- Sony DSC-RX0M2, ILCE-6400, ILCE-7RM4
It also added white balance presets and noise profiles for Panasonic DC-LX100M2. And it fixed picasa, piwigo and facebook SSL support, some compile issues and Mac OS support.
How to Install Darktable in Ubuntu:
There are a few ways installing Darktable in Ubuntu 18.04 and higher: Ubuntu PPA, Snap package, Flatpak pakage.
They are different package formats, you can choose install ONE of them, or install ALL of them.
There’s a stable PPA that contains most recent Darktable packages (native
.deb package) for Ubuntu 18.04 and higher.
Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-release
And then install the software via command:
sudo apt install darktable
With the PPA, you can receive future updates via Software Updater.
Darktable is also available as Snap (containerized software package). Though it’s version 2.6.2 at the moment, if installed on your system it will be automatically updated to v2.6.3 once available.
The snap app can be launched either from application menu or by running command
snap run darktable.
Similar to Snap, Flatpak is also containerized software package. The Darktable Flatpak package is available HERE.
And it can be launcher either from application menu or by running command
flatpak run org.darktable.Darktable.