VLC media player 3.0.11 was released a day ago as the twelfth update of “Vetinari” branch.
Changes in VLC 3.0.11 according to the release note:
- Fixes HLS regressions
- Fixes a potential crash on startup on macOS
- Fixes imprecise seeking in m4a files
- Fixes resampling on Android
- Fixes a crash when listing bluray mountpoints on macOS
- Avoid unnecessary permission warnings on macOS
- Fixes permanent silence on macOS after pausing playback
- Fixes AAC playback regression
- And a security issue
How to Install VLC 3.0.11 in Ubuntu:
The official Snap package (runs in sandbox) has been updated. You can install it from Ubuntu Software.
Already installed the Snap package? It will be updated to the latest automatically.
VLC is also available as flatpak in Flathub repository, which is not updated at the moment.