Want to check your IP address, listening ports, or local network devices but hate Linux commands? Well, What IP is a simple graphical tool to do the job.
What IP is a free open-source tool written in Python 3 with GTK+ 3 framework. The software features:
- Display public, local, and a virtual interface’s IP addresses,
- Display the public IP location,
- List the ports listening on your system, and check if they’re publicly reachable,
- List all devices on local network.
How to Install What IP in Ubuntu:
The software is available as flatpak package in Flathub repository. Open terminal and run following commands one by one to install it in Ubuntu 20.04 (Ubuntu 18.04 needs to add flatpak PPA first).
- 1.) Install flatpak framework by running command:
sudo apt install flatpak
- 2.) Add flathub repository via command:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- 3.) Finally install the tool via command:
flatpak install flathub org.gabmus.whatip
(Optional) To remove What IP flatpak package, run command:
flatpak uninstall flathub org.gabmus.whatip
Leave a Reply