Oracle Virtualbox 6.1.10 was released as the fifth maintenance release for the 6.1 series.
Virtualbox 6.1.10 features Kernel 5.7 support on Linux host and guest. Other changes include:
- Fixed crash when using Qt on Xwayland sessions
- Fixed mouse pointer doesn’t work properly in Windows guests when scaling is on.
- Fixed crash of ‘VBoxManage internalcommands repairhd’ when processing invalid input
- Disable audio input and audio output by default for new VMs
- Fixed resizing and multi monitor handling for Wayland guests.
- Fixed VBoxClient error: The parent session seems to be non-X11.
How to Install VirtualBox 6.1.10 in Ubuntu:
.deb packages are available for download at the link below:
If you’ve already added the Oracle apt repository for Linux, install the updates simply via Software Updater.
Or add the apt repository by running following commands one by one:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T), paste below command and run to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
For Linux Mint, you HAVE to replace
$(lsb_release -sc) in the command with
bionic for Mint 19.x, or
xenial for Mint 18.x.
2. Then download and install the repository key via command:
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3. Refresh system package cache via command:
sudo apt update
4. Finally install Virtualbox 6.1:
sudo apt install virtualbox-6.1
To remove it, simply run command in terminal:
sudo apt remove --autoremove virtualbox-6.1
And go to Software & Updates -> Other Software to remove apt repositories.