MythTV, the Digital Video Recorder and home media center has reached a new stable release 0.27. Now it features Airplay photo sharing. This tutorial shows what’s new and how to get it in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise and Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy.
Highlights of MythTV 0.27:
- Support has been added for streaming music stations in mythmusic
- Airplay photo sharing is now available
- Airtunes OSD has been implemented
- The Interactive TV support has been improved for the users in UK and Ireland
- The recording scheduling interface has received a number of important improvements
- Remove the
Weekslotrecording rule types.
- Remove the
Channel Recordrecording rule type. Add a
This channelfilter to maintain that functionality. Automatically convert existing
Channel Recordrules to
All Recordrules with the This channel filter enabled.
- Provide accurate position/duration/seeking with non-constant frame rates. Note that to get the benefit of these changes for preexisting recordings, it may be necessary to run “mythcommflag –rebuild” on affected recordings.
- Remove the AutoRecPriority feature.
- Remove redundant “All Programs – ” text in Watch Recordings screen.
- Improve the group filter display on the Watch Recordings screen.
- Default to local time for
mythshutdown --setwakeup, use
- As promised in the 0.26 Release Notes, the legacy CEA-608 teletext (not closed-captioning) support has been removed.
- The Set Recording Priorities screen has been removed (use the “Manage Recording Rules” screen.)
- The Reschedule higher priorities setting has been removed. The scheduler now always does this.
- Use recording rule priority as the primary scheduling priority.
- The Delete Recordings screen has been removed.
- Change the ADJUSTSTRETCH action to also support toggling.
- In mythtv-setup/Capture cards, some Card type: names have been changed/corrected. The list was also reordered.
Card type name changes
|HDHomeRun DTV tuner box||HDHomeRun networked tuner|
|DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)||DVB-T/S/C, ATSC or ISDB-T tuner card|
|Analog V4L capture card||Analog capture card|
|MJPEG capture card (Matrox G200, DC10)||Analog to MJPEG encoder card (Matrox G200, DC10, etc|
|MPEG-2 encoder card||Analog to MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-150/250/350, etc)|
|H.264 encoder card (HD-PVR)||HD-PVR H.264 encoder|
|USB MPEG-4 encoder box (Plextor ConvertX, etc)||Analog to MPEG-4 encoder (Plextor ConvertX USB, etc)|
Install MythTV 0.27 via PPA:
The new release is available in Ubuntu Software Center for Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy. For Ubuntu 13.04 Raring and Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, press Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal. WHen it opens, run below commands to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27 sudo apt-get update
After that, you can read this Ubuntu Document to install / setup MythTV on your system.
MythTV 0.27 release note: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.27