Pragha is a Lightweight Music Player for GNU/Linux, based on Gtk, sqlite, and completely written in C, constructed to be fast, light, and simultaneously tries to be complete without obstructing the daily work.
History of Pragha:
Consonance, An excellent player emerged in the archlinux forums, was discontinued. The author, Sacamano said in his blog:
“Which doesn’t mean that it won’t be maintained. I would still be fixing bugs, but major feature additions are not in the pipeline, because I have completed all that I wanted to see in Consonance. It has been a fun project. :)”
Well.. Dissonance is the project to continue developing Consonance, and its result is Pragha Music Manager. A New reproducer of music.
- Full integration with GTK+3, but always completely independent of gnome or xfce.
- Two panel desing inspired on Amarok 1.4. Library and current playlist.
- Library with multiple views, according tags or folder structure.
- Search, filtering and queue songs on current playlist.
- Playing and edit tag of mp3, m4a, ogg, flac, asf, wma, and ape files. Limited only by codecs installed and taglib version used.
- Playlist management. Exporting M3U and read M3U, PLS, XSPF and WAX playlists.
- Play audio CDs and identifies this with CDDB.
- Playback control with command line and MPRIS2.
- Native desktop notifications with libnotify.
Install Pragha in Ubuntu via PPA:
Seems that there’s no apt repository for Ubuntu users to make it easy to install the player, so I built the latest v1.2.2 into my PPA, available for Ubuntu 14.04,
Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and their derivatives.
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the commands below one by one to add the PPA and install the player:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/pragha sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pragha
UPDATE: Remove Ubuntu 12.04 support due to broken packages in gstreamer PPA. Add Ubuntu 14.10 Support.
If you’re running on Ubuntu 12.04, add below PPA to get gstreamer 1.0 before running sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install pragha
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa Sorry that the Ubuntu 12.04 build excludes libglyr (>= 1.0.1) which allows to get lyrics and artist bio over many internet services, and download missing album cover art from Last.fm. Please email me if you know how to build libglyr for Ubuntu 12.04 Precise.
via: Pragha on Github