digiKam, an advanced digital photo management application for KDE, now is at version 4.3.0. The new release brings three new features and 144 bug fixes.
The new release includes some new features:
- New option to display all non geo-located images from collections.
- New notification event when kio-slave cannot be started. OSX event notifier is now used to dispatch notifications under Mac.
- New action to exclude items without rating with items filter
There are also various bug fixes. See the official release note for details.
Install digiKam 4.3 in Ubuntu 14.04:
Thanks to Philip Johnsson, the guy has built the latest packages into PPA, available for both (K)Ubuntu 14.04 KDE 4.13 (default version) and KDE 4.14 (upgrade through Kubuntu Backports PPA).
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, do:
1. For those who have upgrade to KDE 4.14.x through Kubuntu Team’s backports PPA, run below command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/kubuntu-backports
For those who are using the default KDE version (4.13), run below command instead:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/extra
2. After added PPA, run update and install or upgrade digiKam:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install digikam