qBittorrent, a free and cross-platform BitTorrent client, has recently reached the 3.2.0 release with a huge list of changes.
qBittorrent 3.2.0 brings some exciting new features, including Qt5 supports, option to auto-hibernate computer, Haiku OS support, highlights files when opening containing folder on Windows and Linux(nautilus, dolphin, konqueror).
In addition, this release also features:
- Show actual protocol for listen success/failure in the log. Needs libtorrent v1.0.0
- Support per tracker re-announce. Needs libtorrent v1.0.0
- Support saving in network locations
- Code optimizations resulting in a more CPU efficient and snappier qBittorrent.
- WEBUI code rewritten, refactored and improved.
- Cache preferences in memory. Minimize chance of settings corruption.
- Option to disable connections not supported by proxies.
- Add a save resume data interval option(useful for SSD).
- Add “Last Seen Complete” column
- Add “Last Activity” column
- Add “Total Size” column
- Show current speed limits in the status bar
- Episode filtering for RSS
- Setting to ignore RSS rule matches for X days
- Add hotkeys and buttons for Top and Bottom priorities
- Implement peer relevance column.
- Show reason why a peer was blocked. Needs libtorrent 1.0.x
- Use the ‘fastest_upload’ setting as seed choking algorithm.
- Allow to set text options for the toolbar icons
- Add ‘Resumed’ torrent filter
- ‘Add New Torrent` dialog has a button for quickly choosing a location
- Copy selected peers as IP:Port format.
- Show info hash in the torrent details in ‘Add New Torrent’ dialog.
- New feature: Remove empty labels
- Add “Copy name” option in right-click menu of torrent list. Closes #2452
- Implement tracker list in the side panel. Closes #170.
- Implement a ‘Completed’ status. Closes #2326 #2483 #939.
- Columns for session-based download and upload statistics
There’s also numerous bug-fixes and other changes, support for Qt <4.8.0 and libtorrent 0.15.x have been dropped. For details, see the official release page.
How to Install/Upgrade qBittorent in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10, and their derivatives (build for 12.04 failed), the new release is available in its official PPA.
Open terminal from the Dash/Menu (or press Ctrl+Alt+T). When it opens, run command to add qBittorrent PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
After adding the PPA, you can either upgrade the software via Software Updater, or install/upgrade it via below commands in terminal:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qbittorrent