A new release of Komodo Edit text editor has been announced with UI and user experience improvements and bug fixes.
Changes in Komodo Edit 9.1 according to the release note:
- Select Commando (Go to Anything) results by pressing ALT+number.
- The Commando user experience has had significant usability improvements. Most notably when starting Commando you will now be presented with a convenient list of scopes that you can use to narrow down your search results.
- Color Schemes: Use foreground color for caret color
- Commando: Don’t preserve query when navigating backwards.
- Commando: Escape now clears the current search.
- SDK: Added the “shell” SDK, allowing you to easily run shell commands.
- UI: Improved scrollbar contrast on dark color schemes.
- UI: “Ugly border” showing around notifications on windows
- CodeIntel: Improve PHPDoc tooltip legibility – contributed by Defman
Install/upgrade Komodo Edit in Ubuntu:
Komodo Edit 9 with Unity integration has been made into PPA, available for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 15.04.
To install it, open terminal from the Dash/Launcher or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, follow below steps:
1. Add the PPA repository, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:mystic-mirage/komodo-edit
2. Refresh system cache via Software Updater or by running below command:
sudo apt-get update
3. Upgrade the editor through Software Updater, or install it via below command:
sudo apt-get install komodo-edit