Something for Reddit is an open-source Reddit client for GNOME, built for touch, mouse and VIM keyboards.
The simple desktop app features dark and light theme, built-in browser and:
- Touchscreen tested interface
- VIM style keybindings
- View subreddits, comments and user pages
- Vote on comments and links, write replies
- Integrated WebKit2 browser for viewing links
- Multi-account support
How to Install ‘Something For Reddit’ in Ubuntu:
For the source tarball, this application is available for download at the github.com.
The GetDeb repository has made the .deb binaries to make it easy to install it in Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 16.10.
1. To add the repository, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
Replace xenial with yakkety in the command for Ubuntu 16.10.
And install the key via:
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
2. After adding the repository, update and install the Reddit app via:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install something-for-reddit
3. (Optional) You can remove the software via command:
sudo apt remove something-for-reddit && sudo apt autoremove
And the GetDeb repository can be removed by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.