Sigil, an open-source and multi-platform ebook editor, has reached the 0.9.7 release a day ago with some new features and various bug-fixes.
Sigil 0.9.7 is a mix of bug fixes and new features for both epub2 and epub3 users. It features:
- Extend validation plugin interface with add_extended_result() method to allow better cursor positioning
- Extend TextTab and Tabs derived by it to position cursor based on offset
- Allow editing of page-map.xml files, xpgt files and other misc xml based files inside Sigil
- Remove support for python2.7 only plugins and simply Manage Plugins settings
- Update Windows and OS X builds to use Python 3.5.2
- Update jquery to 2.2.4 and jquery.scrollTo to 2.1.2
- Upgrade to double sized 48×48 pixel icons for High DPI displays
- And various fixes. See more.
How to install Sigil 0.9.7 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and their derivatives, you can install / upgrade Sigil using this unofficial PPA.
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/sigil
2. To upgrade from a previous release, just launch Software Updater and install the updates after checking for updates:
Or install / upgrade Sigil via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install sigil flightcrew
(Optional) To uninstall Sigil 0.9.7 and downgrade to the original version in Ubuntu official repositories, simply run command to purge the PPA:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/sigil