JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA Java ide has reached the 2017.2.6 release with 2 new features and various bug-fixes.
IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.6 added or fixed:
- Allow “generate classes from database schema” for plain-JDBC developers
- Allow “Return of ‘null'” to be ignored when return type is java.lang.Void
- Code inspection hangs in the latest 2017.2.5 release
- IntelliJ crashes system when generating a database diagram
- Error on Refresh Gradle Project using Java 9
- application properties not set when starting Spring Boot service in IDEA
- New > Tapestry > Component / Page operation does nothing
- “Open Task” makes the whole IDE freeze when selecting a task too quickly
- And see the release note for more.
How to Install IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.6 in Ubuntu:
The official Linux packages are available for download at the link below:
Grab the package, extract, and run the executable to launch the IDE. You may manually create an application shortcut to be able to start it from app launcher.
For Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, you can also use the installer script that automatically downloads the IDE from JetBrains’ web server, installs it to /opt/, and finally creates an app shortcut for it.
Install the script via dpkg command:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/intellij-idea-*_2017.2.6-1_all.deb
Alternatively, simply open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run following commands one by one to add the PPA and install the script:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install intellij-idea-community
intellij-idea-ultimate in the last command to install the ultimate edition.
To remove the Java IDE, simply run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove intellij-idea-community intellij-idea-ultimate
And remove the PPA via Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab.