The first bug-fix release of IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1 was released a few days ago with several important and critical bug-fixes.
IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.1 includes following fixes:
- An important fix that restores the automatic check for updates.
- The keystrokes aren’t lost during freezing anymore
- Clicking the Replace all option from the Replace in path dialog doesn’t cause the IDE to freeze
- Issue with broken JPS that inhibits all non-gradle Android builds
- Facet settings stored externally are now loaded by the build process
- support for annotationProcessorPaths option in the maven-compiler-plugin 3.5 for external dependencies.
- Performance for scrolling huge text file on 4K monitors was improved
- The issue with AWT popups, which were above other process windows after alt-tab, was fixed
Install IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.1 in Ubuntu:
Jetbrains offers official snap packages for Ubuntu Linux users. You can install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04 via following steps.
1. (Ubuntu 16.04 only) For those who never installed a snap package, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to install
sudo apt-get install snapd snapd-xdg-open
No visual feedback while typing your password due to security reason.
2. Then you can search for and install IDEA via Ubuntu Software:
Or run command in terminal instead to install the IDE:
snap install intellij-idea-community --classic
For the ultimate edition, replace
intellij-idea-ultimate in the code.