The Audacity audio editor & recorder has reached version 2.0.4. Here’s how to install or upgrade it via PPA in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, Linux Mint and Elementary OS.
Audacity 2.0.4 replaces all previous versions, with these improvements:
- New Effect > Reverb (based on Freeverb), that replaces GVerb.
- New View > Go to Selection Start and Go to Selection End commands.
- New Tracks > Align End to End command to append selected tracks.
- WAV files import/export now supports “Album Title”, “Track Number” and “Genre” LIST INFO tags and ID3 tags.
- (Windows) New support for Windows WDM/KS host which can provide very low latencies if you reduce “Audio to Buffer” in Recording Preferences.
- (Windows Vista and later) You can now record computer playback by choosing the new Windows WASAPI host in Device Toolbar, then a “loopback” input.
- Bugs have been fixed, involving Keyboard Preferences, Equalization curves, and Effect > Change Pitch, and several more.
Install Audacity 2.0.4
The Audacity team PPA has reached to 2.0.5 alpha. So here I use Nate Muench’s PPA.
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below commands one by one:
For Ubuntu 13.04 and its derivatives:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacity
For Ubuntu 12.04 and its derivatives:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc2 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacity
For source code and other systems, go to this page.
hello, I have a problem of held packages in Ubuntu 12.04. (Retained package “ttf-freefont”) that I can do to solve that, thanks!