Audacity 2.0.4 replaces all previous versions, with these improvements:
- New Effect > Reverb (based on Freeverb), that replaces GVerb.
- New View > Go to Selection Start and Go to Selection End commands.
- New Tracks > Align End to End command to append selected tracks.
- WAV files import/export now supports “Album Title”, “Track Number” and “Genre” LIST INFO tags and ID3 tags.
- (Windows) New support for Windows WDM/KS host which can provide very low latencies if you reduce “Audio to Buffer” in Recording Preferences.
- (Windows Vista and later) You can now record computer playback by choosing the new Windows WASAPI host in Device Toolbar, then a “loopback” input.
- Bugs have been fixed, involving Keyboard Preferences, Equalization curves, and Effect > Change Pitch, and several more.
Install Audacity 2.0.4
The Audacity team PPA has reached to 2.0.5 alpha. So here I use Nate Muench’s PPA.
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below commands one by one:
For Ubuntu 13.04 and its derivatives:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacity
For Ubuntu 12.04 and its derivatives:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc2 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacity
For source code and other systems, go to this page.