A new Linux graphics driver NVDIA 346.59 was released with all GeForce 900 series notebook GPUs support, e.g., GeForce 920M, 930A, 930M, 940M, GTX 950M, GTX 960M. Also GTX TITAN X, Quadro K1200, M6000 GPUs are added support in this release.
Besides that, following bugs has been fixed in NIVDIA 346.59:
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption when switching display modes in some applications that use transform feedback.
- Fixed a bug that caused texture corruption on framebuffer depth attachments cleared using glClearTexImage().
- Fixed a bug that artificially limited the maximum pixel clock on displays in some SLI Mosaic configurations.
- Fixed a kernel memory leak that occurred when looping hardware- accelerated video decoding with VDPAU on Maxell-based GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash on exit on 32-bit Linux systems.
Install NVIDIA 346.59 from PPA:
The new release has been made into PPA repository, available for Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 15.04.
To install it, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run below commands one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mamarley/nvidia sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-346