The best-looking Linux distro, Elementary OS, has reached the 0.4 release, code name “Loki” and base on Ubuntu 16.04 package system.
The Elementary OS team announced the stable release of Loki last night:
After a little over a year of development, elementary is proud to announce the stable release of elementary OS Loki!
Loki is the newest version of elementary OS, a design-oriented and open source Linux-based operating system for desktops and laptops. It succeeds Freya which was released in April of 2015.
What’s new in Elementary OS Loki:
- Linux Kernel 4.4 and Ubuntu 16.04 base
- redesigned indicators change to be dark or light depending on your wallpaper.
- redesigned audio indicator with more compact set of controls and large icons
- new network indicator and redesigned network settings, bluetooth indicator
- A new lid close setting and related behavior
- Notification center now caches notifications and offers Do Not Disturb toggle
- use Epiphany as new default web browser.
- new app store
- various other improvements, see the release note.
Download Elementary OS Loki at: elementary.io. (pay any dollar amount, or type 0 for free)
I have installed ‘Loki’ on my computer and works well. But I hadn’t selected the option to install Wifi drivers while installing, and now I’m not able to connect to WiFi. Can you please help me out?
Open terminal and try installing drivers via command:
I’ve same problem. I’ve try what you said up there. But its not working. Or i should add-apt-repository first, then run what you type up there?
is there 32 bit
I have just completed the installation of elementary OS 0.4 Loki and it has been smooth. I had been using elementary OS Freya for a long while and I had brought it to the right look and feel for my liking. I was afraid of upgrading to Loki as I expected to have to do a lot of work to get things looking as in Freya. It was really easy! Ubuntu 16.04 is really cool and there are very few bugs (which was a bit of problem with Freya at the beginning). I am very pleased to have made the upgrade and I am loving it… Advice for anyone hesitating to upgrade: Just go for it, live is too short :-)