Want to change the boring default Ubuntu desktop themes? Well, there’s a script allows to easily install a list of the latest version of nice GTK themes.
It supports GTK 3.18 to 3.24, and will install the correct version according to your system. So far, support themes are:
- Arc (Firefox themes: Arc, Arc Darker, Arc Dark)
- Candra (GNOME 3.20+ only)
- Ceti-2 (GNOME 3.18 only)
- Cloak (GNOME 3.20+ only)
- DeLorean Dark (GNOME 3.18 only)
- Flatabulous (GNOME 3.18 only)
- Flattiance (GNOME 3.18 only)
- OSX-Arc Collection
- Plano (GNOME 3.20+ only)
- Yosembiance (GNOME 3.18 only)
1. To get the script, open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or searching for “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command:
sudo apt install git && git clone https://github.com/tliron/install-gnome-themes
2. The command clone the script source into your user root directory. To run the script, simply run command:
To avoid rebuilding themes, it will delete installed themes with same names, then install some required libraries, finally download and build the themes one by one in your system:
When everything’s done, launch Gnome Tweak Tool or Unity Tweak Tool and enjoy the new themes by selecting one of them:
Awesome!!! I have so many beautiful options now. Thanks.
Followed your steps but doesnt show on Unity tweak tool
How to revert?
Ubuntu 16.04, installed fine but Themes won’t show up in Tweak tools’ list.
My bad, seems to be solved by cd ~/install-gnome-themes && sudo ./install-gnome-themes.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libgtk-3-dev : Depends: libpango1.0-dev (>= 1.37.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcairo2-dev (>= 1.14.0) but it is not going to be installed
librsvg2-dev : Depends: libcairo2-dev (>= 1.2.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.