Vivaldi web browser released version 2.2 yesterday with more tabs management functionality, more configurable toolbars, and other new features.
Vivaldi 2.2 release highlights:
- Add ‘Save select tabs as Session’ in context menu.
- Add numbered accelerators to elements in main Window menu
- Middle clicking in Back/Forward history drop-down should open the page in new tab
- Add search box in speed dial.
- Show a list of closed tabs using Quick Commands by typing “Show Closed Tabs”
- Enable pop out video (Picture in Picture)
- Better ‘Netflix’ support for Linux
- Add a new ‘Customize’ context menu for any button on the toolbar.
- Mute all other tabs via the tab context menu
- For more, see the relese note.
How to Install Vivaldi 2.2 in Ubuntu:
The official Ubuntu .DEB packages are available for download at the link below:
Grab the deb matches your OS, then install it via Ubuntu Software or Gdebi package manager. Or run command in terminal:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/vivaldi-stable_2.2*.deb
In addition, after installed the .deb package, you can enable Vivaldi apt repository (Softare & Updates -> Other Software) to receive future updates through Software Updater: