Mozilla Firefox 78 was released a few days ago with some new features and improvements.
Firefox 78 added “Refresh Firefox” button to the Uninstaller, which also available in
about:support page, allows to reset Firefox to its default state, while saving your essential information like bookmarks, passwords, cookies.
Other changes in the release include:
- Protections Dashboard includes reports about tracking protection, data breaches, and password management.
- Screen saver will no longer interrupt WebRTC calls on Firefox
- Firefox 78 is also Extended Support Release (ESR) features:
- Kiosk mode
- Client certificates
- Service Worker and Push APIs are now enabled
- The Block Autoplay feature is enabled
- Picture-in-picture support
- View and manage web certificates in about:certificate
- Improved Pocket recommendations, and security fixes.
How to Install Firefox 78 in Ubuntu:
Firefox 78 will be made into official Ubuntu security / updates repositories for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10, and Ubuntu 20.04 in a few days!
At that time, you can upgrade Firefox via Software Updater (Update Manager) utility: