Nvidia 337.25 was released yesterday as the latest short lived branch version for Linux. The new driver brings lots of fixes and improvements and adds support for following GPUs:
- GeForce GTX TITAN Z
- GeForce GT 740
- GeForce 830M
- GeForce 840M
- GeForce 845M
- GeForce GTX 850M
For a complete list of changes, read the official announcement.
Install Nvidia Driver 337.25 in Ubuntu:
Below steps will teach you how to manually install the official .run package in Ubuntu:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run commands below one by one to remove previous installed proprietary driver:
sudo apt-get purge nvidia* sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-331-updates-dev
2. After restarted your computer, download the driver:
3. Switch to command console by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 (or F2 ~ F6) on keyboard and log in.
4. Kill the graphical session via:
sudo service lightdm stop
For Gnome GDM or Linux Mint MDM, you may replace lightdm with gdm or mdm in the command.
5. Give permission, start the installer and follow the on screen prompts.
chmod +x ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-*-337.25.run && sudo sh ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-*-337.25.run
Tips:You may keep the installer file so that you can remove this driver via below command if for some reason it does not work properly:
sudo sh ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-*-337.25.run --uninstall