qBittorrent 4.1.2, free and reliable p2p bittorrent client, was released a few days ago with some new features, various bug-fixes and other improvements.
qBittorrent 4.1.2 release highlights:
- New options for “inhibit sleep”
- Add option for regexps in the transferlist search filter’s context menu
- Add async io threads option to AdvancedSettings
- Allow save resume interval to be disabled
- Add checkbox for recursive download dialog
- Add changelog link in program updater
- Implement “Sequential downloading” feature.
- Various bug-fixes, WebUI improvements, and more.
How to Install qBittorrent 4.1.2 in Ubuntu:
The official qBittorrent PPA maintains qBittorrent binary packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and derivatives (
though the new 4.1.2 release is not ready at the moment of writing).
1. To add the PPA, open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or searching “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and you’ll see qBittorrent available for upgrade after checking for updates.
Or run commands below to install /upgrade it from terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent