Gscan2pdf, a simple GUI tool to produce PDFs or DjVus from scanned documents, reached the new 1.8.8 release a few hours ago with some bug-fixes and translation updates.
Changes in Gscan2pdf 1.8.8 include:
- Filter out 1 and 2 digit integers from tool warnings. Show original message, not filtered message.
- Add option to profile only after successfully applying it
- Fix default value for unpaper script direction.
- Fix race condition updating widgets before they can be created after cycling device handle.
- Fix 16-bit PNM parsing
- Fix Perl warning about redundant argument in sprintf
- Update to Hungarian translation
How to Install Gscan2pdf 1.8.8 in Ubuntu:
The developer’s PPA offers the latest packages for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04, and derivatives.
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, do following steps:
1. Add the PPA via command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jeffreyratcliffe/ppa
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous release installed, upgrade it through Software Updater:
For the first time, you can either install it via Synaptic Package Manager or by running following commands in terminal:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gscan2pdf
How to Remove:
To remove gscan2pdf, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove gscan2pdf
And the PPA can be removed via Software & Updates utility, under Other Software tab.