The SMPlayer media player reached the 17.11.2 release earlier today with a few bug-fixes for KDE users.
SMPlayer 17.11.2 fixed:
- A crash that may happen on KDE when the global menus are activated.
- SMPlayer won’t cancel logout in KDE.
- The seek function in the MPRIS2 code has been fixed.
How to Install SMPlayer 17.11.2 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, and derivatives, the latest SMPlayer packages are available in the PPA repository.
1. Search for and launch “terminal” from application launcher. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rvm/smplayer
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade SMPlayer using Software Updater (or Update Manager):
or run commands in terminal to install (or upgrade) the media player:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install smplayer smtube smplayer-themes
To remove SMPlayer, run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove smplayer smtube smplayer-*
And remove the PPA via “Software & Updates” utility under Other Software tab.