For Elementary OS users now there’s an OS X Yosemite like GTK theme for the 0.2 Luna desktop.
Some guys have created a new project called yellowstone, which is an OS X Yosemite like ElementaryOS Luna theme based on the excellent Elementary default theme.
To install the theme:
1. Downloads Yellowstone theme at the link below:
2. Open file browser and press Ctrl+H on keyboard to view hidden file folders. Create a new folder called .themes folder if not exist.
3. Open the downloaded package via Archive Manager and select extract to the .themes folder.
To apply the theme:
1. Install Elementary Tweaks by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal and then running below commands one by one:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:versable/elementary-update sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install elementary-tweaks
2. Go to System Settings -> Tweaks, select Yellowstone theme from the drop-down list:
That’s it. Enjoy!
I couldn’t get this to work- does it matter where you put the themes folder? I put it under Templates in Home…
You can either put downloaded themes folder to user’s Home -> .themes (press Ctrl+H to view the hidden folder, created the folder if not exist) for single use.
For global use, put the themes folder to Computer -> usr -> share -> themes.
When I set this theme the wingpanel becomes very blocky as do the window decorations, not transparent like yours, I’ve set this for global use. Help please :)
Thanks for the article Ji m. It sure does made my system beautiful. And by the way, instead of keeping the icons default, I changed it to Numix circle icons.
Once again thanks and keep posting stuff like these continuously.
thanks for the info.
Unfortunately I had the same error than Izaak. I’ve copied the yellowstone uncompressed folder under both the user’s home AND in the folder intended for global use.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I had the same error than Izaak and Nidhin Mohammad U.U