The Vuze BitTorrent protocol client has reached the 5.7.5 release a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and/or Linux Mint 18.
Vuze 5.7.5 features:
- Native search results view
- Native subscription results view
- Search results now show if result already in Vuze where possible
- Column Setup dialog now has a filter box
- Sharing Progress popups can now be suppressed
- New Files View column to show entire file path
- Option to switch to Tag Settings view after tag creation to allow customization
- Quick ‘notification view’ added to the Plugin Bar (Top Bar)
- Plugin bar now has right-click menu to select the sub-views of interest
- Sound/speech notifications added to notifications
- Option added to create a notification when a download added to/removed from a tag
- Option added to create a notification when a subscription has new results
- Added size column to download history
- Sidebar subscriptions menu option to update all manually
- Added search option to always route through a proxy
- Search templates now support full cookies
- New isError tag constraint
- Extended tag execute-on-assign actions to include pause and resume
- Added some time-related tag constraint expressions to support time-based automatic tag assignment
- Support for anonymous updating
- New tag removal policy of ‘move to old tag’
- Various other changes and bug-fixes
Install Vuze in Ubuntu via GetDeb repository:
The GetDeb repository has built Vuze 5.7.5 for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the GetDeb repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
You may replace xenial (for ubuntu 16.04) in the code with yakkety for Ubuntu 16.10.
2. Then download & install the gpg key via command:
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
3. After adding the repository, install Vuze 5.7.5 either via Synaptic Package Manager:
or by running following commands in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install vuze
To remove Vuze BitTorrent client, use Synaptic Package Manager or run command:
sudo apt remove vuze azureus && sudo apt autoremove
To remove the GetDeb repository, launch Software & Updates and go to Other Software tab.