The first update for qBittorrent 4.3 series was released today with some new features, bug-fixes, and web UI changes.
Changes in qBittorrent 4.3.1 include:
- Allow progress bar styling from custom themes.
- Allow adding torrents using “Paste” key sequence.
- Add Latgalian translation.
- Avoid settings being reset via WebAPI.
- WEBUI: Fix the issue that IPv6 address can’t be banned.
- Update dutch.nsi for Windows.
- Update .desktop shortcut file translations for Linux.
- And various bug-fixes.
How to Install qBittorrent via PPA:
The official qBittorrent PPA has built the new release packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and derivatives.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal by either pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or searching for “Terminal” from application menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed on your system, upgrade it via Software Updater,
or run following commands to install /upgrade qBittorrent in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, either go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent