0 A.D., the free open-source RTS game of ancient warfare, got a new release update a few days ago.
It’s 0 A.D. Alpha 26, code-name ‘Zhuangzi’, features new civilization: The Han, which was the second imperial dynasty of China. It has beautiful new art, unique technologies, buildings, as well as new gameplay strategies to explore.
The release also introduced 2 new map: Tarim basin – an endorheic basin in Northwest China, Xinjiang region; and Yangtze (aka Chang Jiang) the longest river in Asia.
Other changes in the release include:
- Units now have a slight acceleration
- 26 new music tracks including two themed for the Han
- Add player search to the lobby
- option to share allies the parts of the map discovered.
- New “Call to arms” button.
- See the release note for more details.
How to Install 0 A.D. Alpha 26 in Ubuntu
For Ubuntu and their based systems, the official PPA repository has been updated with the new packages for Ubuntu 22.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 18.04.
1. First, press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open a terminal window. Then, run the command below to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) for sudo prompt and hit Enter to continue.
2. Old Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Mint users have to manually refresh the package cache after adding the PPA, though it’s done automatically in Ubuntu 20.04+. And, this can be done by running command:
sudo apt update
3. Finally, either run the command below to install the game:
sudo apt install 0ad
Or launch “Software Updater” and update the game package if an old version was installed.
To remove the game package, simply open a terminal window and run command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove 0ad
And, remove the Ubuntu PPA repository using command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:wfg/0ad
Leave a Reply